INDIVIDUALIZED SUPPORT & ATTENTION
We ensure that students have support systems including our school counselor, school advisor, peer mentoring, and student-led clubs. Education is about more than academic achievement, and we strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where students can freely be themselves.
Our teachers are dedicated to creating a personalized learning experience for students, taking into account their unique strengths, interests, and different styles of learning.
We offer a wide range of programs and activities beyond traditional academic subjects, including arts, music, athletics, and community service. Our goal is to help students develop into well-rounded individuals equipped to succeed in all aspects of life.
We’re committed to providing a supportive, caring, and inclusive community where students can thrive. You’re invited to join us on this journey of growth and discovery. Start by scheduling a tour today.
Being a teenager is stressful, Academe can support you.
Navigating the Journey Together:
Academic & Emotional Support at Academe
Our comprehensive framework goes beyond the textbook to support children through their high school years including;
- School Counselor and Learning Strategist: Our school counselor and learning strategist meets with students on an individual basis to strategize with them for organization and learning. She offers a Planning and Study Skills class on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- College Advisor: Students are provided with necessary tools for college research as well as one-on-one meetings to address concerns unique to each student. Each student is on a different journey, and our advisor is available to help our families navigate the college application process
- Peer mentoring: students are matched up with an upperclassman to talk about their stresses
- Open Door Policy: We don’t just teach chemistry, we take care of the whole child. That may mean leaving the cafeteria to have a quiet lunch with a teacher, normalizing the stresses of being a teenager, and feeling supported through it
- Clubs: that’s where conversations deepen between students, a safe place to explore questions they have about social, emotional, and day-to-day life
- Internet/Media Awareness: Cell phones are collected at the start of the day and picked up at the end of the day. Students can focus on scholarly pursuits and not worry about Instagram likes.
“Academe gave me the foundation and an immense sense of communal support!
I felt seen, supported, and challenged. The high expectations at Academe, which were individualized to each student, definitely helped me excel in college. Working as a Wilderness Therapist for middle schoolers and receiving my MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.”
– Julia Ruff, Class of 2010
INFORMATION SESSIONS – OPEN HOUSES
Academe of the Oaks offers Information Sessions for prospective students and their parents. These sessions provide an overview of the curriculum, extracurricular activities, and the application process. Prospective families hear from and put questions to administrators, faculty, student leaders, as well as current parents. Our Information Sessions are offered Tuesday mornings and Tuesday evenings.
Tuesday morning sessions provide an opportunity to visit classes and see students and teachers in action.
Thursday evening Sessions are held on Zoom.
REGISTRATION FOR INFORMATION SESSIONS
Academe of the Oaks offers Information Sessions for prospective students and their parents. These sessions provide an overview of the curriculum, extracurricular activities, and the application process. Prospective families hear from and put questions to administrators, faculty, student leaders, as well as current parents.
Call the office to reserve a space at: (404) 405-2173 - or sign up below
Want to learn more about our rolling admissions process and take the next step to learn if Academe of the Oaks is right for your child?
146 New Street
Decatur, Georgia 30030